State Capitol Room 420
Juneau AK, 99801
600 E. Railroad Avenue
Wasilla AK, 99654
I am a lifelong fourth generation Alaskan with a long history of family public service. I have lived in the Mat-Su Valley since 1996, am married and have 7 children.
I served on the Wasilla City Council for a total of 7 years, finishing up in 2016; my colleagues and I worked tirelessly to keep our government budget small, efficient and accountable to our residents. We also worked to keep regulations and taxation at a reasonable level to encourage business growth. Through conservative governing, Wasilla is now the commercial hub of the Mat-Su and the only area in the state which gained in population.
I ran for State House to ensure that our next generation has the same opportunities that were afforded to me. The effect that the state budget has on our economy remains a high priority for me. I believe that we can reduce the size of government further and that now is not the time to restructure the PFD or impose an income tax or sales tax. We must encourage economic growth by ensuring we have less onerous regulations and taxation so our businesses and industries can thrive and remain successful.
In 2017-2018, I worked hard for my constituents and to keep Alaska moving in the right direction by sitting on the Labor & Commerce, Health & Social Services, Transportation and Ethics committees.
Political and Government Positions:
- Alaska State House of Representatives, 2017-2018, 2019-2020
- Wasilla Planning Commission 1999-2000, 2005-2008
- Wasilla City Council 2001-2003, 2010-2016
- Alaska Municipal League Board/Vice President 2010-2014
- Alaska Juvenile Justice Advisory Commission, 2010-2016
- State of Alaska - Governor's Mat-Su Regional Director 2006-2009; Alaska's 50th Statehood Commission, Project Coordinator 2007-2009; Alaska State Legislature Staff Member 2003-2004
- CSLeonard & Associates-Research and Accounting Services 2010-2014
- Mat-Su Regional Medical Center, Home Health, and Human Resources 1999-2001
- Providence Alaska Medical Center, Health Unit Coordinator 1987-1999
- Greater Wasilla Chamber of Commerce Board 2001-2003, 2011-2015
- National Rifle Association, Alaska Outdoor Council, Mat-Su Republican Women's Club, NCOIL, ALEC